With a multidisciplinary team (consisting of psychiatrists, a neurologist, psychologists, neuropsychologists and nurses), this regional center is specialized in the screening, diagnosis and therapy for patients with a recent onset of psychic disorder or an atypical disorder, and the support of their families.
Improve the care and quality of life of people with psychiatric and/or behavioral disorders of genetic origin. The Genopsy team accompanies family members as they receive and understand the diagnosis and throughout the assessment of symptoms. They offer individualized referral to other professionals in the health and social network (rehabilitation and reeducation centers, day hospitals…)
Screening and diagnosis
- Adaptation of pharmacotherapy
- Treatment of sleep disorders
- Educational and professional planning
- Acquiring/optimizing autonomy
- Adaptation of care
- Psychiatrics and behavior
- Neurogenetics and neurology
- Hypnology (sleep)
- Individual and family psychology
Care of psychiatric and behavioral phenotype
- Social skills
- Therapeutic education
- Cognitive remediation
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness, hypnosis
GENOPSY receives patients with:
- Atypical psychiatric disorders and/or resistant to treatment
- Hereditary or cytogenetic metabolic conditions with psychiatric and/or behavioral disorders
Head clinician: Dr Caroline Demily
Hospital practitioners: Dr Alice Poisson, Dr Alain Nicolas, Dr Fabrice Boyer
Health manager: Sylvie Straub
Nurse: Christine Mulsant, Fleur Raulet, Nadine Thomas
Psychologist: Cécile Rochet
Psychologist and neuropsychologist: Emilie Favre, Elodie Peyroux
Medical secretary: Nadjette Morel
- Prader Willi France
- Génération 22
- SMS17, Des rêves pour Quentin, Pas à pas avec Alexia
- Autours des Williams (Association for the Williams-Beuren Syndrome)
- Huntington Avenir (Association for the Huntington’s disease)
- Association Bernard Pépin pour le Wilson (Bernard Pépin Association for Wilson’s Disease)
- Cystinose France (Cystinosis France)
- Clinical genetics and cytogenetics department, Hospices Civils de Lyon (Prof Edery)
- Medical genetics department, Necker Hospital, APHP (Prof Munich, Prof Stanislas Lyonnet)
- University Rehabilitation Service, Le Vinatier Hospital, Bron (Prof Franck)
- Neuropediatric ward, Hospices Civils de Lyon (Prof des Portes)
- Presymptomatic diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders, Hospices Civils de Lyon (Dr Ollagnon)
- Referral Center for Rare Renal Diseases, Hospices Civils de Lyon (Prof Cochat)
- Centre CRISALID: interdepartmental center for cognitive remediation and psychosocial rehabilitation of Clermont de l’Oise Hospital (Dr Marie Cécile Bralet)
Main ongoing research protocols:
Cognitus et moi (Cognitus and me): design a tool of cognitive remediation for children suffering from intellectual deficiency with or without autism.
Faskhi 22: Identify the mechanisms behind deficits in facial emotion recognition in schizophrenia and 22q11.2 deletion syndrome using an EEG technic.
Schizo-CGH: verify a diagnostic grid for the syndromic forms of schizophrenia
Williams et jugement de confiance (Williams and assessment of confidence): characterize the impaired social cognition in the Williams syndrome
Demily C, Louchart-de-la-Chapelle S, Nkam I, Ramoz N, Denise P, Nicolas A, Savalle C, Thibaut F. Does COMT val158met polymorphism influence P50 sensory gating, eye tracking or saccadic inhibition dysfunctions in schizophrenia? Psychiatry Res. 2016 Oct 27.
Boschi A, Planche P, Hemimou C, Demily C, Vaivre-Douret L. From High Intellectual Potential to Asperger Syndrome: Evidence for Differences and a Fundamental Overlap-A Systematic Review. Front Psychol. 2016 Oct 20;7:1605.
Demily C, Franck N. Cognitive behavioral therapy in 22q11.2 microdeletion with psychotic symptoms: What do we learn from schizophrenia? Eur J Med Genet. 2016 Nov;59(11):596-603. =
Poisson A, Schluth Bolard C, Martin B, Babinet MN, Sanlaville D, Demily C. 16q12.2q21: A new susceptibility locus for schizophrenia? Schizophr Res. 2016 Sep 8.
Demily C, Rigard C, Peyroux E, Chesnoy-Servanin G, Morel A, Franck N. «Cognitus & Moi»: A Computer-Based Cognitive Remediation Program for Children with Intellectual Disability. Front Psychiatry. 2016 Feb 3;7:10.
Poisson A, Nicolas A, Cochat P, Sanlaville D, Rigard C, de Leersnyder H, Franco P, Des Portes V, Edery P, Demily C. Behavioral disturbance and treatment strategies in Smith-Magenis syndrome. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2015 Sep 4;10:111.
Leleu A, Saucourt G, Rigard C, Chesnoy G, Baudouin JY, Rossi M, Edery P, Franck N, Demily C. Facial emotion perception by intensity in children and adolescents with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2016 Mar;25(3):297-310.
Demily C, Rossi M, Chesnoy-Servanin G, Martin B, Poisson A, Sanlaville D, Edery P. Complex phenotype with social communication disorder caused by mosaic supernumerary ring chromosome 19p.BMC Med Genet. 2014 Dec 11;15:132.
Demily C, Sedel F. Psychiatric manifestations of treatable hereditary metabolic disorders in adults. Ann Gen Psychiatry. 2014 Sep 24;13:27. Review.
Apartis E, Blancher A, Meissner WG, Guyant-Maréchal L, Maltête D, De Broucker T, Legrand AP, Bouzenada H, Thanh HT, Sallansonnet-Froment M, Wang A, Tison F, Roué-Jagot C, Sedel F, Charles P, Whalen S, Héron D, Thobois S, Poisson A, Lesca G, Ouvrard-Hernandez AM, Fraix V, Palfi S, Habert MO, Gaymard B, Dussaule JC, Pollak P, Vidailhet M, Durr A, Barbot JC, Gourlet V, Brice A, Anheim M. FXTAS: new insights and the need for revised diagnostic criteria. Neurology. 2012 Oct 30;79(18):1898-907.
Bâtiment 312, premier étage
CH le vinatier
95 Boulevard Pinel, 69500 Bron
Telephone: 04 37 91 51 63